It is okay.

Did you wake up at 12pm? It's okay.

Do you take a shower every 2 or 3 days? It's okay.

Have you consumed more snacks than you would like to admit? It's okay.

Do you sometimes wake up feeling a bit flat? I do too. It's okay.

Does your mood fluctuate between relaxed and stressed without explanation? Mine does. It's okay.

Are you finding social media makes you feel worse about yourself? I am. It's okay.

I could go on and on. But whatever it is that you are or are not doing, feeling, thinking, eating - it is okay. You are not alone.

My anxiety has been at an all time high. I find myself stressing about things in the middle of the night. I spend hours trawling through the internet trying to figure out how to fix all my problems. My flat is far from tidy. I have only just started wearing underwear and proper clothes again. I get bored easily.

These feelings are normal for such an unprecedented situation and you are not alone in having them. It is important not to bottle them up. I am lucky to have a boyfriend who will be my sounding board. Who will listen to how I am feeling or what I am thinking and who reminds me that there isn't anything I can do about any of those things right now.

The uncertainty is tearing me apart. I can't plan for the future. I can't know what to do. I accept that, it has taken me almost two months to accept it. Sometimes I don't fully accept it and you know what? That is okay.

I'd love to hear about how you have been feeling during this lockdown/quarantine - please comment below!

Stay safe
Alice x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to Week 5