Welcome to Week 5

As we move into week 5 of our social-distancing lockdown, boredom has hit in full force. For the first four weeks I embraced the new found freedom these new restrictions afforded. However, I have ruined my sleep schedule, trashed my flat,  spent money on things I definitely did not need or could afford, negated the need to wear underwear and not a single scrap of make-up has touched my face. The lack of routine and structure to my life is slowly sending me insane. 

I have felt a lot of pressure from social media to 'have it together'. When the quarantine routine posts were plastered across instagram I felt as though I was falling apart. Should I have an hour by hour schedule for my day? Should I be doing an activity for my mind and an activity for my body? How are people seemingly OK with this? 

My social media intake increased. There I was an hour deep into videos of Golden retrievers and 'before & after' pictures of women who have shed impressive amounts of weight. So I would switch from Instagram to YouTube, where I soon found myself skipping through 45 minute long videos of 'My weight loss transformation' or 'Amazing results! 2-week shred'. Why? 

I didn't feel good enough. I felt like I should be using this time better. When else am I going to have all this 'free' time? If everyone else is doing morning yoga and preaching about how much they appreciate whatever piece of landscape they haven't previously, then I should definitely put some underwear on and brush my hair. 

That brings me to now. I need somewhere to put my ramblings. I baked 18 cookies today and there are 7 left. My chocolate cake was gone in under 2 days. Have I stopped buying snacks on the food shop? Yes. Have I replaced it with more baking? Yes. That being said, I will inundate you with baking pictures and share my musings with you. Let this be the dumping ground for my brain. 

Stay safe
Alice x 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It is okay.